A Bathing Ape and BAIT have announced the release of new eight-inch versions of the 'Baby Milo' sculpture showcased for the BAPE 25th-anniversary celebration. The figurines were given as a blank canvas to many established individuals such as Sk8thing, Mankey, Stash, James Bond, Adam Lister, Michael Lau, Eric Haze, Shepard Fairey, Shinsuke Takizawa, and Tetsu Nishiyama.
The 'Baby Milo' sculptures each feature a unique design from their respective artist, and now they are available for purchase. Sk8thing’s haniwa-inspired Milo and Tetsu’s ‘Choco Banana’ Milo bring awareness to environmental issues. Interested parties who would like to own a shrunken version of the iconic character can purchase figurines individually or as a set of 10. The 'Baby Milo' sculptures will be made available at all BAPE flagship stores on May 14, 2022.
Image Credit: BAPE
A Bathing Ape and BAIT Announce the New 'Baby Milo' Figurines
1. Collectible Streetwear Figurines - The trend of collectible streetwear figurines is on the rise, providing opportunities for artists and designers to create unique designs that draw attention and spark demand.
2. Collaborative Artistic Projects - The trend of collaborating with established artists to create unique collectible figurines highlights the disruptive innovation opportunity to combine different creative talents to produce new and exciting products.
3. Limited Edition Culture - The trend of producing and promoting limited edition collectible streetwear figurines creates a sense of exclusivity and scarcity that drives consumer interest and sales for both artists and designers.
1. Streetwear Fashion - The streetwear fashion industry can benefit from the trend of collectible streetwear figurines by creating and promoting new and unique products that cater to a growing demand for fashion-related collectibles.
2. Toy and Collectibles Industry - The toy and collectibles industry can capitalize on the trend of collaborative artistic projects by partnering with established artists and designers to create limited edition collectibles that appeal to niche markets and collectors.
3. Art and Design Industry - The art and design industry can benefit from the trend of limited edition culture by exploring the creation of unique artistic designs, which also have the added appeal of being sold as collectibles to a growing market of collectors and enthusiasts.