'Babee on Board' is an iOS app designed to make life easier for pregnant women taking the London Underground — or any subway system, for that matter. Through the app, women can silently request a seat on their subway car, helping them to rest while carrying that extra cargo.
To be accurate, Babee on Board is actually a pair of apps. Babee on Board: Request is the one that pregnant women would keep on their phones. The simple interface brings up a request button that will alert anyone on the car who has the second app, Babee on Board: Offer. The lightweight Offer app runs in the background of users' smartphones, and it will buzz when someone presses the Request button nearby.
The Babee on Board suite of apps connect to one another via Bluetooth rather than cell signal or WiFi, allowing it to function even when underground.
'Babee on Board' Lets Pregnant Users Request Seats on Public Transport
1. Seat-finding Apps - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the development of seat-finding apps for various public transportation systems.
2. Pregnancy Support Apps - Potential for disruptive innovation in the creation of pregnancy support apps that cater specifically to the needs of pregnant women.
3. Bluetooth Connectivity - Disruptive innovation can be explored in the improvement of Bluetooth connectivity for seamless communication between apps and devices.
1. Public Transportation - Opportunity for the public transportation industry to integrate seat-finding apps and provide a more comfortable experience for passengers, especially pregnant women.
2. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers have the chance to create innovative pregnancy support apps that offer convenience and assistance to pregnant women.
3. Technology and Connectivity - The technology and connectivity industry can explore disruptive innovation by improving Bluetooth technology to enable better communication between apps and devices.