The stunning outdoor mosaic dubbed Awakening by Arkady Kim has been recently bestowed the honor of being the world's largest coffee bean mural. An impressive feat to say the least, it managed to snag this title thanks to the use of one million coffee beans. Spanning about 30 square meters and weighing a whopping 397 pounds, it significantly surpasses the previous record of 88 pounds. Clearly, the Russian artist and sculptor wanted to make sure that he held onto the title much longer than his predecessor.
Gracing the Gorky Central Park of Culture and Leisure in Moscow, Awakening by Arkady Kim took twelve days to complete. With a team of five assistants, it was put together by hand. On display until July 1, 2012, it will be given as a gift to a freeze-dried coffee maker in St. Petersburg.
Awakening by Arkady Kim is Made Out of One Million Coffee Beans
1. Coffee Bean Art - Disruptive innovation opportunities include the development of new techniques for creating coffee bean mosaics and the incorporation of coffee art into advertising and branding campaigns.
2. Sustainable Coffee Production - Disruptive innovation opportunities include the development of more sustainable coffee production methods and the promotion of eco-friendly practices in the coffee industry.
3. Public Art Installations - Disruptive innovation opportunities include the creation of more large-scale public art installations and the incorporation of interactive elements to engage viewers.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry could explore new mediums and techniques for creating large-scale installations, such as using coffee beans as a medium for mosaics and sculpture.
2. Coffee and Beverage - The coffee and beverage industry could promote the use of sustainable and eco-friendly practices in production and packaging, as well as explore unique and creative ways to incorporate coffee into branding and advertising.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry could integrate public art installations, such as Awakening by Arkady Kim, into their offerings to attract visitors and enhance the overall experience of their guests.