The Augmented Shadow light show is one crazy tabletop art light show. The table is an interface where artificial shadows of tangible objects are displayed. I don't have a clue how the artists have done it, but the light show actually revolves around blocks that they move across the table.
When a block moves, objects on the surface of the table appear or disappear. Trees grow according to the amount of light that is shown. These artists must be insanely creative and talented in order to think up such an amazing art piece--watch the video to see for yourself.
Augmented Shadow is an Awesome Display of Light Using Blocks
1. Tabletop Augmented Reality - Innovative use of augmented reality technology in tabletop displays
2. Interactive Light Shows - New forms of interactive light shows for artistic or entertainment purposes
3. Tangible Object Display - Use of blocks to create artificial tangible object display
1. Art and Entertainment - New innovative forms of art and entertainment using augmented reality technology and interactive light shows.
2. Event Planning - Tangible object display can be a new attraction in event planning, especially for product displays
3. Architecture and Design - Tabletop augmented reality can be useful for architects and designers in creating more interactive and visual presentations of their designs.