If you are worried some the connectivity of your WiFi on your flight you will not have to worry much longer, thanks to AT&T. It will be bringing its high-speed 4G LTE connection to commercial planes, hopefully by late 2015. This would mean much faster connection and much happier in-flight customers trying to handle some last minute arrangements over email.
This is part of the effort to make wireless connectivity a much more reliable service while flying. AT&T announced that it has plans to extend its WiFi network within the airline industry. It says it wants to help people with their connectivity issues and to create a better overall experience for travelers. If this comes true, people will be able to do much more work while flying, not to mention be much more relaxed.
AT&T is Bringing 4G LTE to Commercial Planes Starting Late 2015
1. In-flight 4G LTE Connectivity - Brands can innovate by partnering up to upgrade in-flight internet access with 4G LTE connectivity.
2. Extending Wi-fi Networks - Tech companies can capitalize on the demand for Wi-Fi networks by extending connectivity options within the airline industry.
3. Reliable Airline Connectivity - Companies that develop innovative satellite-based connectivity solutions have the opportunity to improve the reliability and quality of in-flight Wi-Fi services.
1. Aerospace - Aerospace companies can develop new products and services that incorporate reliable, high-speed in-flight connectivity options.
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunications companies can work with airlines to expand network coverage and capacity, and create equitable pricing models for in-flight Wi-Fi access.
3. Travel - Airline companies can enhance the travel experience for passengers with high-speed Wi-Fi options, providing even more value beyond core offerings.