While it often seems that social businesses, especially those that focus on clothing and apparel, tend to market their brand and products toward women, Arthur & Henry makes shirts exclusively for men.
The designs, which are grounded in a traditional past in which clothing had more durability and people -- men especially -- put a little more effort in order to look "smart" as they say. The apparel, which ranges from casual t-shirts to formal fitting ones and socks, are made from fair trade and organic cotton materials. The social and environmental business is based in London, United, Kingdom and won a Source Awards, Global Awards for Sustainable Fashion, Highly Commended recognition in 2012.
Arthur & Henry website
Arthur & Henry on Facebook
Arthur & Henry on Twitter
Arthur & Henry Creates People and Office-Friendly Shirts for Men
1. Sustainable Fashion - There is a growing trend in the fashion industry towards sustainable and eco-friendly clothing, providing an opportunity for disruptive innovation.
2. Fair Trade - The demand for fair trade products, like the shirts offered by Arthur & Henry, is increasing, creating opportunities for innovative business models.
3. Men's Ethical Apparel - While most ethical fashion brands target women, there is an emerging trend of companies focusing on creating ethical clothing for men, presenting a niche market for disruptive innovations.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from adopting sustainable practices and creating fair trade products, embracing disruptive innovation opportunities.
2. Ethical Clothing - The ethical clothing industry can expand its offerings to include more men's apparel, opening doors for disruptive innovation in the market.
3. Social Enterprise - The rise of social businesses, like Arthur & Henry, is creating opportunities for innovative ideas to develop in the social enterprise industry.