This fascinating newspaper art installation by artist Youdhisthir Maharjan features big tangled balls of newspaper. These newspaper bundles actually resemble balls of yarn, but they were made entirely from twisted old newspapers.
Maharjan created this newspaper rope installation by repetitively twisting the paper tightly. Currently, this intriguing art installation stretches out more than nine miles long, which is pretty impressive, considering the materials being used. This constantly growing exhibit was inspired by repetitive exercises that monks do where the artist is originally from (Nepal.)
Looking at this large installation, one can't help but wonder how many countless hours went into the twisting and tangling of this newspaper rope. Maharjan's rope art project is attention grabbing and brilliantly turns recyclable newspapers into large balls of art.
This Newspaper Rope Installation is Currently Nine Miles Long
1. Newspaper Art Installations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to repurpose and transform newspapers into unique art installations.
2. Twisted Newspaper Sculptures - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop techniques to create intricate sculptures by twisting and tangling old newspapers.
3. Sustainable Art Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invent eco-friendly materials and methods for creating large-scale art installations, such as using twisted newspaper ropes.
1. Art and Culture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce newspaper-themed art exhibitions and events that showcase unique and eco-friendly art installations.
2. Sustainable Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with artists and designers to incorporate sustainable materials, like twisted newspaper ropes, into various design projects.
3. Recycling and Waste Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative recycling systems and processes to repurpose newspapers into valuable materials for creative purposes, such as newspaper art installations.