Online fashion retailer YOOX recently launched a partnership with Lumyer, an augmented reality camera effects app, to help consumers virtually try on a range of accessories.
With Lumyer, YOOX shoppers now have the chance to see everything from sunglasses to handbags on themselves before deciding whether or not they would like to purchase a real version of these items. All from within the app, users are able to share their virtual try-on images and even complete a purchase if desired on the spot.
While there are many social media apps that now offer fun photo filters and special effects, and some have been used for marketing purposes, YOOX and Lumyer are experimenting with the potential for sharing and shopping immediately following a virtual try-on experience.
Fashion Retailer YOOX Now Lets Users Try On Accessories with the Lumyer App
1. AR Shopping - The rise of augmented reality shopping apps presents an opportunity for retailers to enhance the customer shopping experience and increase sales.
2. Virtual Try-on - Virtual try-on technology is disrupting the traditional retail industry by allowing customers to try on products virtually before making a purchase.
3. Social Commerce - Social commerce is gaining popularity with the integration of augmented reality technology to provide users with an immersive buying experience on social media platforms.
1. Retail - The retail industry can leverage AR shopping apps to expand their reach, enhance customer engagement, and boost online sales.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry is actively pursuing innovation through the integration of AR shopping apps and virtual try-on technology to offer consumers a more personalized and convenient shopping experience.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry can use AR shopping apps and virtual try-on technology to create interactive and engaging campaigns that increase brand awareness and consumer engagement.