If you're looking for a refreshing summertime cocktail to test out this season, you simply must try this Aperol Spritz Float by food blog Honestly Yum. This unique cocktail takes mixology to the next level by incorporating spritzers, simple syrup and a boozy sorbet.
Aperol is an Italian aperitif made from a mixture of bitter orange, grenadine, cinchona and rhubarb. To make this decadent cocktail at home, begin by making an alcoholic sorbet from water, sugar, Aperol and orange zest. Freeze the mixture and churn it in an ice cream machine. Then fill a wide-brimmed glass up with Prosecco and pop a scoop of the homemade Aperol into the glass. As the sorbet melts the citrusy flavor of the Aperol will mix with the bubbly taste of the Prosecco .
This Aperol Spritz Float Cocktail is a Sweet Summertime Drink
1. Boozy Sorbet Floats - Incorporating boozy sorbet into cocktails is a creative trend that adds a playful twist to traditional drinks.
2. Mixology Innovation - Creating alcoholic sorbet and incorporating it into cocktails is a disruptive trend that elevates mixology to new heights.
3. Homemade Cocktail Creations - Making unique and decadent cocktails at home, like the Aperol Spritz Float, is a growing trend that allows for personalized drink experiences.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of boozy sorbet floats by developing and marketing new flavors and recipes.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants and bars in the hospitality industry can create signature boozy sorbet floats to attract customers and offer a memorable drink experience.
3. Retail - Retailers can tap into the trend of homemade cocktail creations by offering kits and ingredients for customers to make their own unique drinks at home.