It’s been a long while since people last saw the cast of Sailor Moon in mainstream media, but Ann Marcellino has given the Japanese crime fighting crew new life with these stellar illustrations.
Simply rendering the likes of Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Uranus and more wasn’t enough for Marcellino; she added a unique spin to her works by fusing the beloved characters with the cast of The Avengers. The notable costume traits of Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow and Iron Man have been integrated into the Sailor Moon school girl uniforms, and the results are simply spectacular.
Adding to the fun, Ann Marcellino includes minor descriptions of her newly created heroes. She considers “Sailor Iron Man” to be the sassy one, while also stating, “Two words I didn’t think I’d ever put together… Sailor Hulk.”
Ann Marcellino Fuses The Avengers with Sailor Moon
1. Cartoon Character Mash-ups - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring collaborations between popular cartoon franchises to create unique and captivating characters.
2. Cosplay Fusion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Blending elements of different cosplay genres to create fresh and exciting character designs.
3. Nostalgic Reinvention - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagining beloved characters from the past and giving them a modern twist to appeal to new and existing fan bases.
1. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing collaborative projects between cartoon companies and franchises to create new and engaging content.
2. Cosplay - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing innovative techniques, materials, and concepts in cosplay design to push the boundaries of creativity and expression.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new ways to combine art styles, pop culture references, and nostalgic elements to create visually stunning and attention-grabbing artworks.