'Marc Koehler Architects' designed an angular home that features an unusual structure. Although many consumers favor an open concept design, this layout is not idea for residences that also double as a home office. This unique row house manages to provide intimate spaces without disrupting the flow of the home.
The angular home is named the 'House in a House' due to the unique separation between the living space and the owner's office. In order to give the owner a space that serves two very different purposes, the architects created a design that consists of three enclosed volumes. While the main floor features an open living area, the rest of the space is closed off through the use of partial walls and slanted ceilings. The design allows the owner to retreat to intimate spaces away from the common areas.
While the exterior of the House in a House may seem unusual, the interior provides the perfect separation between living and working spaces.
This Angular Home is Made Up of Several Compartmentalized Spaces
1. Compartmentalized Architecture - There is an opportunity for architects to design homes with compartments that serve different purposes and provide intimacy to homeowners.
2. Hybrid Homes - Homeowners are looking for ways to turn their homes into hybrid spaces that can serve different purposes without disrupting the flow of the home.
3. Office/living Space Separation - There is a growing demand for homes that separate working spaces from living spaces in order to provide privacy and reduce distractions.
1. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can explore new ways of creating compartmentalized spaces within homes that serve different purposes and provide intimacy.
2. Real Estate - Real estate developers can offer hybrid homes that cater to homeowners' needs for both living and working spaces in today's remote work environment.
3. Home Improvement - Home improvement companies can offer solutions and products for homeowners looking to retrofit their homes with compartmentalized spaces for increased privacy and productivity.