Andrew Pommier has created a line of shoes for Adidas, but his artwork is worth its own amount of attention.
The artwork by Andrew Pommier features human heads in animal bodies. With pictures of human bodies with bear heads, human heads with antlers, and a person as Mickey Mouse, the images are funny, quirky and slightly off kilter. But they definitely start conversation.
Implications - The people within Pommier's artworks are not only mixed with animals, but they also represent different types of people. In one image, a vampire is represented as well as a race-car driver. The morbid drawings definitely go deeper than what meets the eye, each telling their own story.
Andrew Pommier Creates Surreal, Slightly Freaky, Nature Pictures
1. Surreal Humanimal Artistry - Exploring the use of human and animal combinations within artistic expressions to create a unique and fantastical experience.
2. Narrative Illustration - Blending various themes and characters to produce complex, thought-provoking narratives through art.
3. Humorous Disruption - Using humor and lightheartedness to subvert expectations and create unique experiences through artistic expression.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can draw inspiration from the concept of humanimal artistry to create new and innovative pieces that challenge and engage their audience.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion and apparel brands can collaborate with artists like Pommier to create unique clothing and accessories with surreal, eye-catching designs.
3. Media and Entertainment - Media and entertainment industries can use the concept of humanimal artistry to inspire new forms of storytelling and world-building in film, television, and video games.