The Amnesty International 'Death Penalty' commercial is very inspiring. The viewer is introduced to several death punishment scenes portrayed by wax sculptures that begin to melt.
It is a very creative commercial that has a subtle shock factor to it. Fifty-eight countries still have the death penalty in effect, a reality that this commercial points out. The Amnesty International 'Death Penalty' commercial is successful in making a point that sticks.
Implications - The use of shockvertising as a market strategy is highly effective in today's society. Opinions and feelings are two things no longer repressed or hidden, and businesses that can effectively evoke real human emotion will stand out amongst other organizations as being bold, brave and willing to provide consumers with the truth.
The Amnesty International 'Death Penalty' Ad Puts Heat on Killing Punishment
1. Shockvertising Marketing - The use of shockvertising is highly effective in today's society and is a trend organizations can leverage to evoke real human emotion and stand out among competitors.
2. Opposing Capital Punishment - The Amnesty International 'Death Penalty' commercial highlights the need for opposing capital punishment and creates opportunities for businesses and organizations to take a stand against the practice.
3. Creative Visual Storytelling - The use of creative visual storytelling in advertising, such as the melting wax sculptures in the 'Death Penalty' commercial, can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to grab attention and leave a lasting impression on viewers.
1. Advertising - The use of shockvertising and creative visual storytelling in advertising can disrupt traditional marketing techniques and create opportunities for bold and brave companies to stand out among competitors.
2. Human Rights Organizations - The Amnesty International 'Death Penalty' commercial highlights the need for opposing capital punishment, providing an opportunity for human rights organizations to target a wider audience and raise awareness about important issues.
3. Legal Services - The strong opposition to capital punishment demonstrated in the 'Death Penalty' commercial creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for legal services to expand their offerings to help prevent capital punishment worldwide.