The Amazon 'AmaZen' booths has been implemented by the eCommerce brand as part of its health and safety program WorkingWell that would provide employees with a dedicated place to relax when feeling stressed. The booths have been set up in many of the company's warehouses in the US and are outfitted with a handful of simple finishings as well as a computer terminal. Employees are encouraged to take a break inside the booths during shifts to practice a series of mental health-focused activities.
The Amazon 'AmaZen' booths were explained further by the company in a press release where it said, "AmaZen guides employees through mindfulness practices in individual interactive kiosks at buildings. During shifts, employees can visit AmaZen stations and watch short videos featuring easy-to-follow wellbeing activities, including guided meditations, positive affirmations, calming scenes with sounds, and more.”
Image Credit: Amazon
The Amazon 'AmaZen' Booths Offer a Place to Destress
1. Employee Wellness Programs - There is an opportunity for businesses to implement employee wellness programs like Amazon's AmaZen booths as part of their health and safety initiatives.
2. Mental Health Focus - Businesses can focus on mental health initiatives to support employees in practicing mindfulness and coping with stress.
3. Workplace Technology - Companies can consider implementing innovative technology like the AmaZen booths to support employee wellbeing while on the job.
1. E-commerce - The implementation of employee wellness booths like Amazon's AmaZen booths could set a trend for the e-commerce industry to prioritize employee wellbeing initiatives.
2. Manufacturing - As companies look for ways to improve workplace safety and employee wellness, manufacturing industries can benefit from implementing similar programs like AmaZen booths.
3. Technology - There is an opportunity for technology companies to create and market innovative products that can support employee wellbeing initiatives like the AmaZen booths.