When it comes to putting together alternative offices, many companies go with open-concept layouts which are now becoming much more commonplace. RAAAF and Barbara Visser pushed the boundaries for these designs, and put forth an idea titled 'Outstanding Landscape of Affordances.'
The space takes into account how sitting all day is not good for you, allowing for ample areas to walk around and collaborate with others while standing. Everything is quite futuristic, with a geometric approach in terms of overall shape. RAAAF and Barbara Visser even offered areas for people to lean against slightly slanted walls while discussing potential business ideas.
Conventional workspaces do not take into account certain health issues that are sure to arise in the future (such as back problems). This push for alternative offices will help many people in the long run (and also cut down on health costs).
Photo Credits: designboom, barbaravisser.net
'Outstanding Landscape of Affordances' Examines Alternative Offices
1. Alternative Offices - The push for alternative offices that take into account health issues provides disruptive innovation opportunities for workspace furniture design.
2. Health-conscious Design - The rising demand for health-conscious workspaces presents disruptive innovation opportunities for office equipment and technology industries.
3. Collaborative Workspaces - The trend towards collaborative workspaces offers disruptive innovation opportunities for office technology and communication industries.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture design companies have an opportunity to create ergonomic furniture that promotes better posture and alleviates back pain in alternative workspaces.
2. Office Equipment - Office equipment manufacturers have an opportunity to develop products that promote movement and active lifestyles while working in health-conscious workspaces.
3. Communication Technology - Communication technology companies have an opportunity to create innovative tools that facilitate collaboration and teamwork in alternative workspaces.