In an effort to further digitize airport services, LAX now offers food and beverage delivery to departure gates in selected areas of the airport. Passengers can scan QR codes throughout the airport, or browse menus on LAXOrderNow.com, and select the delivery option for an additional fee. They can pay for their items online, and are then notified when their orders are en route and when they arrive at their gate.
By providing this contactless service, LAX airport is not only catering to passengers' convenience but also decreasing airport foot traffic with the lessened requirement for passengers to walk to different areas for their food of choice. This in turn can help with social distancing between passengers, providing for an overall safer travel experience.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
LAX Now Offers Food & Beverage Delivery to Your Departure Gate
1. Contactless Airport Services - Opportunity for food and beverage delivery services at airports to further implement contactless and convenient services for passengers.
2. Mobile Ordering - Opportunity for airports to implement mobile ordering solutions to reduce wait times and increase convenience for passengers.
3. Digital Menus - Opportunity for restaurants to provide digital menus accessible through QR codes for customers to place orders quickly and conveniently.
1. Airport Hospitality - Opportunity for hospitality and food service companies to provide innovative airport services and solutions for passengers.
2. Mobile Payment Solutions - Opportunity for mobile payment solution providers to offer seamless payment options to customers in various industries, including airport food and beverage services.
3. QR Code Technology - Opportunity for QR code technology providers to create solutions for digital menus and contactless ordering services that can be implemented in airports and other industries.