Malaysian streetwear label Against Lab joined forces with Indonesian denim brand POT MEETS POP to drop a range for the Spring/Summer 2018 season. The two infused the captivating graphic instincts of Against Lab with POT MEETS POP's aggressively baggy denim for the warmer season. The collaborative collection is comprised of some graphic t-shirts as well, and dark-washed double denim pieces as its standout items.
Some details of the new range include a reoccurring handcuff motif, and dragon prints throughout the pieces as a nod to Hong Kong gangster films and martial art films. These prints contrast against the Western-style double denim aesthetics. The collection is available to shop now exclusively in Tokyo, Japan at the Isetean retail location.
Against Lab and POT MEETS POP Collaborated for SS18
1. Cross-cultural Collaborations - There is an opportunity for brands to collaborate across different countries and cultures to bring together unique and creative styles.
2. Mixing Streetwear with Traditional Clothing Materials - There is an opportunity for brands to combine streetwear with traditional clothing materials, such as denim and silk, to create new and exciting pieces.
3. Graphic Prints as a Statement - There is an opportunity for brands to use bold graphic prints and motifs as a statement in their clothing collections.
1. Fashion Industry - Brands in the fashion industry can collaborate with companies in other regions to create unique designs and reach new markets.
2. Streetwear Industry - Streetwear brands can experiment with using traditional materials to add a new dimension to their collections.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can showcase and sell collaborative collections exclusively to attract customers looking for unique and exclusive items.