The Beacon is an advanced yoga mat that's ideal for those who love to workout or practice yoga at home. The mat is Bluetooth-enabled and has several embedded LED lights and pressure sensors that are able to track movements to guide you through different poses.
As well as making note of the correct alignments, the LEDs act as your own yoga guide, displaying red when there's too much pressure or green when your balance distribution is spot on. The Bluetooth component of the mat lets users send data to their computers, so that over time, performance can be tracked and progress can be continually made.
Unfortunately the Beacon mat is only in the concept stages, but it is currently on display through Quirky and with enough interest in the project, it could become a real product.
Beacon is an Advanced Yoga Mat with LED Lights to Guide Users Through Poses
1. Smart Yoga Mats - The integration of technology into yoga mats for enhanced tracking and guidance.
2. Connected Fitness Products - Integration of Bluetooth-enabled devices and sensors that track users' performance and progress in fitness activities.
3. Iot Fitness Devices - The use of Internet of Things (IoT) technology in the development of fitness products like the Beacon yoga mat.
1. Fitness Equipment - Creating innovative yoga mats and other fitness equipment with technology to track users' movements and improve performance.
2. Smart Home - Opportunities for smart home device manufacturers to develop connected yoga mats for consumers who enjoy working out or practicing yoga at home.
3. Wellness - Developing wellness products that integrate technology to help consumers track and monitor their physical progress and development.