Action Hunger, a nonprofit organization that's based out of France, recently unveiled a new initiative that aims to better living conditions for the homeless by providing them with healthy food, books, socks, toothbrushes and toothpaste, sanitary napkins, and other supplies.
The items are all dispensed through a vivid orange vending machine, which is stocked by local volunteers on a frequent basis. Most of the products that can be found in the vending machines are donated by shops, supermarkets, and charities.
To access the vending machine, all one needs is Action Hunger's special key card, which prevents users from solely relying on the resource so that its contents are more evenly distributed among those in need.
Photo Credits: designboom, actionhunger.org
Action Hunger's Initiative Supplies Necessities to the Homeless
1. Volunteer-stocked Vending Machines - Innovative vending machines that offer more than just food products, and are stocked and managed by volunteers.
2. Community-based Nonprofit Organizations - Nonprofit organizations are utilizing innovative initiatives to improve living conditions for the homeless.
3. Donation-based Business Models - Businesses are utilizing micro-donations to collect gently used items and products to support charitable causes.
1. Food and Beverage - Food companies have an opportunity to donate surplus food items and support initiatives that focus on homelessness and poverty.
2. Retail - Retail companies can donate and collect gently used items to support charitable causes and help those in need.
3. Philanthropy - Philanthropists have an opportunity to utilize innovative business models to support initiatives that improve the lives of the homeless population and those affected by poverty.