When suffering from an illness or condition, chronic and acute pain can be a terrible symptom, and the AccendoWave is a device that hopes to help patients relieve some of that pain without having to resort to pain relief drugs.
The device is effectively a tiny, portable EEG machine that patients wear over their foreheads, and it measures pain levels by monitoring brain activity. When the patient is in pain, the device can both notify caregivers and provide distractions such as videos, games, and music to help patients get through it.
In most hospitals, pain monitoring is surprisingly crude, with nurses and doctors relying on a 1-10 scale that's entirely subjective. Not only is the AccendoWave far more objective in its measurements, but it also responds immediately, which makes it easier for caregivers to respond in kind.
The AccendoWave Helps Keep Patients in Pain Occupied
1. Pain Monitoring Technology - The AccendoWave demonstrates the trend of using EEG machines to objectively measure and manage pain levels.
2. Non-pharmaceutical Pain Relief - The AccendoWave represents the trend of providing alternative methods of pain management outside of medication.
3. Personalized Distraction Devices - The AccendoWave exemplifies the trend of using customized distractions like videos, games, and music to help patients alleviate pain.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can explore the use of pain monitoring technology like the AccendoWave to improve patient care and pain management practices.
2. Medical Devices - The medical device industry can develop more portable and wearable pain monitoring devices that provide instant feedback and personalized distractions.
3. Digital Entertainment - The digital entertainment industry can collaborate with healthcare providers to create engaging videos, games, and music specifically designed for pain relief and distraction purposes.