Abu Dhabi's swank new F1 racetrack will feature 20 turns, an exclusive 50,000 seating capacity and an underground pit lane. Motor Authority reports that the racetrack, which is called the 'Yas Marina Circuit,' will have a portion that runs below a hotel.
The Abu Dhabi Yas Marina Circuit was designed by Hermann Tilke, who also designed the racetracks in Valencia, Bahrain and Sepang. While critics point out that the Yas Marina Circuit doesn't feature the exciting elevation changes of other F1 tracks, its relatively small seating capacity and proximity to tourist destinations like the Ferrari World theme park should make it a successful venture.
Abu Dhabi's Revamped F1 Racetrack
1. Underground Pit Lanes - The trend of incorporating underground pit lanes in racetracks provides an opportunity for improved efficiency and safety during Formula 1 races.
2. Exclusive Seating Capacity - The trend of creating exclusive seating capacities in racetracks allows for a more personalized and luxurious experience for race spectators.
3. Integration with Tourist Destinations - The trend of locating racetracks near popular tourist destinations opens up opportunities for increased footfall and revenue generation.
1. Motorsports - The motorsports industry can leverage the trend of underground pit lanes to enhance the racing experience and attract more enthusiasts.
2. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from the trend of exclusive seating capacities by offering premium race day packages with VIP amenities and services.
3. Tourism/entertainment - The tourism and entertainment industry can capitalize on the integration with tourist destinations by promoting package deals combining visits to popular attractions and attendance at racetrack events.