'About Turn' is a community interest company (CIC) working in the North East of England in order to provide support to veterans of any age who have served in the British Armed Services. "The company works with the objective of tackling some of the major issues facing veterans when they leave the service," writes Clearly So in their social business directory. "This includes mental health counselling, employment assistance, housing and education."
The way of doing things is based on needs and thus is somewhat specialized based on what particular members express to be a hardship. The CIC's current projects include peer-led support groups, a cookery, IT Training, an angling academy, film-making and digital photography programs.
About Turn website
About Turn on Twitter
'About Turn' is a Community Interest Company Assisting Armed Service Members
1. Veteran Support Programs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technology-based solutions to enhance mental health counseling and employment assistance for veterans.
2. Specialized Support Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create tailored programs to address specific needs of veterans, such as cookery, IT training, angling and film-making.
3. Community Interest Companies (cics) - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish more CICs to provide support and resources for various social causes, like assisting armed service members.
1. Mental Health Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement virtual reality and artificial intelligence technologies to improve mental health counseling for veterans.
2. Education and Training - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop online platforms and interactive tools to deliver specialized education and vocational training for veterans.
3. Nonprofit Organizations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize crowdfunding platforms and social media to raise funds and awareness for veteran support initiatives.