The A Van in the Sea photo series may revolve around a travelling motorhome, but that doesn't mean it is at all mundane or even retro. Instead, the word that encapsulates the photo series best is 'epic.' Captured entirely at night, the sprawl of open landscape, dark waters, starry skies and wisps of clouds lends a breathtaking aesthetic to the entire series.
Shot by Alessandro Puccinelli, a photographer hailing fro Brisbane, Australia, the A Van in the Sea photo series was captured during a trip in Portugal. Taken throughout 2013, the Hymer 1983 motorhome covered a lot of ground. Yet only these nighttime images made the series. In a way, it captures the intimacy and remoteness of the journey he took.
A Van in the Sea by Alessandro Puccinelli is Captured Solely at Night
1. Nighttime Photography - Leveraging the power of darkness to create breathtaking visuals and capture a sense of intimacy and remoteness.
2. Epic Landscapes - Using vast open landscapes, dark waters, starry skies, and wisps of clouds to create an awe-inspiring aesthetic.
3. Retro Revival - Reviving retro aesthetic in photography by capturing vintage motorhomes in stunning nighttime settings.
1. Photography - Incorporating nighttime photography techniques to capture stunning landscapes and create unique visual experiences.
2. Travel and Tourism - Highlighting the beauty and remoteness of destinations through innovative nighttime photography techniques.
3. Automotive - Tapping into the nostalgia of retro motorhomes to create captivating visuals and market vintage-inspired travel experiences.