The 6FT - 6IN lamp is a hilarious light fixture made for ballers. At first it has an unassuming presence thanks to the classic circular lampshade and thin stand. Nevertheless, as one's eyes travel down the length of the dual stands, they will note with surprise the sneakers acting as the base. Modeled after a pair of classic Nikes, the 6FT - 6IN lamp could easily fit into a sneaker collector's home as well.
Designed by Kimou Meyer (also known as Grotesk) for Case Studyo, a design studio based in Ghent, Belgium, the 6FT - 6IN lamp was produced in a limited edition of only 23, clearly a nod to Michael Jordan. Intended as a table light, the 6FT - 6IN lamp is packaged in what is made to look like a shoe box.
The 6FT - 6IN Lamp by Grotesk is Made for the Playful Baller
1. Sneaker-inspired Lighting - Opportunity for lighting companies to create innovative and playful lamp designs inspired by sneakers.
2. Limited Edition Collectibles - Potential for designers to create limited edition products that appeal to collectors and enthusiasts.
3. Nostalgia and Pop Culture References - Opportunity to capitalize on nostalgia and create products that reference iconic brands and cultural symbols.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore new designs that incorporate unconventional and playful elements to attract customers.
2. Design - Designers can tap into the market of limited edition collectibles and create unique products that cater to passionate fans.
3. Home Decor - Incorporating nostalgic references into home decor items allows for the creation of unique and conversation-starting pieces.