Inspired by Wolverine's metallic blades that go through his skin, Greek designer Yiannis Ghikas designed a 3D-printed vase that mimics the ribbed surface effect of something moving under our skin.
This science fiction special effects-inspired vase has a simple base like that of any other, which the designer then layers with three-dimensional decoration on only one side to give it that mutant effect.
"I was always impressed while watching science fiction movies when a foreign organism or a parasite was moving underneath the skin of a human being, altering its smooth surface with its own form," says Ghikas about his 3D-printed vase design.
That is why Ghikas used 3D printing to get the ribbed mutation effect, while keeping the vase looking smooth and sleek.
This 3D-Printed Vase is Designed Like a Mutant Transformation
1. Science Fiction-inspired Design - Creating designs that mimic science fiction elements, such as mutant transformations, can provide unique and memorable products.
2. 3D Printing in Home Decor - Using 3D printing technology to create decorative home products allows for intricate and customizable designs.
3. Organic-inspired Aesthetics - Designing products that incorporate organic and natural elements, such as ribbed surfaces, can create visually appealing and intriguing designs.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can explore incorporating science fiction-inspired designs into their product offerings, providing customers with unique and visually striking options.
2. 3D Printing - The 3D printing industry can expand its applications by targeting the home decor market and offering customizable and visually appealing products.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can incorporate organic-inspired aesthetics in their creations, exploring new forms and textures for artistic expression.