These unusual morphed 3D people panoramas are the work of Mumbai-based merging artist, Justin Ponmany.
Ponmay’s contemporary portraits, which he describes as ‘expanded portraits’, involve photographing people from all angles to create a panorama view of their three-dimensional heads.
They're an interesting twist on the traditional police mug shot. It’s a little disappointing that the subjects are all male with lifeless eyes. Similar portraits of beautiful women with seductive, enchanting eyes would be even more captivating.
'Expanded Portraits' by Justin Ponmany
1. 3D Portraits - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using advanced technology to create immersive 3D portraits of individuals.
2. Expanded Portraits - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new artistic techniques to capture multi-dimensional perspectives of people.
3. Photography Innovation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pushing the boundaries of traditional photography by experimenting with panoramic views and unique angles.
1. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging technology to create innovative and immersive artworks.
2. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new tools and software for capturing and enhancing three-dimensional perspectives.
3. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating 3D scanning technology in the field of photography to create revolutionary and engaging portraits.