The 270Degree certainly suffices as an example of out-of-the-box design, despite the fact that its passive form is in fact a cube. The piece of contemporary configurable furniture has two side flaps that draw up to shape four different objects for various functions.
When it's closed, Sankalp Sinha's design allows it to act as an ottoman, a footstool or a low side table. What you might not have expected is that three curved metal tubes are stored in the core and can be withdrawn to adjust the angle of the hinged side wings.
There is a range of up to 270° between the two rotating panels. With one up, you have the backrest of a chair, with a second you have a laptop tray. The third pose of the 270Degree is a symmetrical coffee table with three distinctive surfaces.
The 270Degree Opens Up into a Chair, a Desk and a Table
1. Configurable Furniture - Designing furniture that can transform into different objects for various functions offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the home decor industry.
2. Space-saving Design - Creating furniture that can compactly fold or collapse when not in use presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the furniture manufacturing sector.
3. Multi-functional Pieces - Developing furniture pieces that serve multiple purposes, such as combining a chair, desk, and table, offers disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the interior design industry.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can capitalize on the trend of configurable furniture by offering innovative and versatile products that can adapt to various living spaces.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing sector can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by focusing on space-saving designs that cater to consumers with limited living spaces.
3. Interior Design - Interior design companies can leverage the trend of multi-functional furniture pieces to create stylish and efficient living spaces for their clients.