eVolo Symbiotic Interlock Vertically Interconnected City
Daekwon Park's project for sustainable buildings at 2008 eVolo skyscraper competition, consisted of finding ways to reunite isolated city blocks by inserting a multi-layered network of public space and green space. Billed as "Symbiotic Interlock - towards the vertically interconnected city", it has a system of stackable modules designed to add an extra layer of infrastructure to already existing buildings by implementing sky docks, bridges, vertical gardens, cultural spaces, plus and energy producing wind turbines. It internalizes green environments within a biomorphic structure that contributes to functionality, energy, and food.
1. Vertical Greening - Opportunities for integrating green spaces and plant life in vertical structures to improve air quality, sustainability and optimize space usage.
2. Modular Infrastructure - Opportunities for stackable modular design that can add an extra layer of infrastructure to existing structures and enhance functionality, and energy production.
3. Biomorphic Architecture - Opportunities for integrating structural design with natural forms and patterns to create sustainable buildings that contribute to the environment.
1. Construction - Opportunities for innovative construction techniques and materials to support sustainable building practices.
2. Renewable Energy - Opportunities for energy producing wind turbines and other renewable energy sources as part of sustainable building design.
3. Urban Planning - Opportunities for urban planners to envision and create sustainable, interconnected cities with integrated green spaces and smart infrastructure.