The '2 Stools from 1 Bicycle' project has been designed by Hyemin Kim as an upcycled furniture solution that makes use of an unlikely series of components to give them a new lease on life. The stools are achieved from the use of a single bicycle frame that has been separated and transformed into a three-legged variety as well as a four-legged one to boot. A simple seat section has been positioned onto the top to finish the stools off as a comfortable yet industrial furniture solution for the home or office.
The '2 Stools from 1 Bicycle' project identifies what can be done to keep items out of the landfill and reduce reliance on virgin decor options.
The '2 Stools from 1 Bicycle' Project Gives an Old Product a New Use
1. Upcycled Furniture - The trend of upcycling furniture by transforming unlikely components to give them a new and sustainable lease on life provides an opportunity for businesses to embrace eco-friendliness and resourcefulness.
2. Industrial Home Decor - The trend of industrial home decor provides an opportunity for businesses to create unique products that integrate industrial materials into furniture and home decor.
3. Sustainable Design - The trend of sustainable design provides an opportunity for businesses to develop innovative solutions to reduce waste and environmental impact within the home decor industry.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can embrace the trend of upcycling, industrial home decor, and sustainable design by incorporating eco-friendly materials and production practices into their manufacturing processes.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage the trend of industrial home decor and sustainable design by offering unique, eco-friendly and sustainable products that appeal to environment-conscious consumers.
3. Waste Management - The waste management industry can explore innovative solutions to reduce waste, such as upcycling, by partnering with furniture manufacturers to handle waste disposal and salvage recyclable materials.