Zipit is a unique ‘do it yourself’ chair by Italian-based Croatian designer Victor Matic. The zipit chair is based on a kit of easy to understand wood modules and a cardboard seat and backrest cushions that can easily bebuilt up and disassembled using only zip tie connections.
The zipit chair kit was based on the idea that objects should be variable and adjustable. The connections are fixed with adjustable zip-ties and because of this the zipit chair tends to be a little on the wobbly side. It’s all part of, “a new way of sitting,” according to Matic.
Victor Matic's DIY Zipit Chair is a Wobbly Must Have
1. Customizable Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a modular furniture system that allows for easy customization and reconfiguration.
2. DIY Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create DIY design kits that allow consumers to assemble and disassemble furniture using innovative connection methods.
3. Sustainable Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of eco-friendly materials, such as recycled cardboard, in furniture design and manufacturing.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate adjustable zip-tie connections into furniture manufacturing processes to create customizable and modular products.
2. Home Improvement Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer DIY design kits and materials for consumers to create their own customizable furniture pieces.
3. Eco-friendly Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and promote sustainable materials for furniture manufacturing, such as recycled cardboard, to meet the increasing demand for environmentally-friendly products.