Founded by Wendy Summer, ZAANHA is a clothing brand aimed at giving Afghan women the ability to provide themselves with a livelihood while also learning how to run and maintain an effective business. Wendy Summer sold her marketing company in 2003 and after looking for volunteer opportunities in Asia she came across and began to teach Afghan women how to effectively run their own business ventures.
ZAANHA's line of products are made by skilled Afghan embroiderers whose skill is evident in the masterfully designed products they create both for home decor and fashionable attire.
The proceeds from the sales go towards ensuring that the business remains self-sustaining while simultaneously allowing mothers to send their children to school.
ZAANHA on Facebook
ZAANHA on Twitter
ZAANHA on LinkedIn
ZAANHA Helps Afghan Women Learn How to Run a Successful Business
1. Empowering Women - A trend focused on supporting and empowering women in underprivileged communities through business opportunities.
2. Skill-based Entrepreneurship - A trend where businesses are created to teach and develop practical skills for entrepreneurship.
3. Socially Conscious Fashion - A trend that combines fashion with social impact, creating clothing brands that support communities in need.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a fashion brand that empowers women in developing countries by providing them with the skills and resources to start their own businesses.
2. Education and Training - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a vocational training program that focuses on teaching women practical business skills to help them succeed as entrepreneurs.
3. Non-profit and Social Enterprises - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a social enterprise that uses fashion as a means to support underprivileged communities and provide sustainable livelihoods for women.