At the Yunessun Spa Resort in Hakone, Japan, you can swim in one of 25 specialized pools, including Coffee, Tea, Wine or Sake! Yunessun describes their Red Wine Spa as, "A unique spa containing real red wine. The huge wine bottle is 3.6m tall and is very remarkable. Bathing in wine is a rejuvenation treatment for the body, and it has been said that the Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra loved to bath in wine. There are regular performances of pouring real wine into the spa a few times a day."
We covered German Beer Spas in May, but this is a step up.
Yunessun Spa Resort
1. Specialized Spa Pools - The trend of specialized spa pools such as coffee, tea, wine, and sake spas provides unique and rejuvenating experiences for spa-goers.
2. Bathing in Wine - The trend of bathing in wine as a rejuvenation treatment offers a luxurious and indulgent experience, drawing inspiration from the historical practice of Cleopatra.
3. Performative Spa Experiences - The trend of performing rituals such as pouring real wine into the spa pools adds an interactive and theatrical element to the spa experience.
1. Spa and Wellness - The spa and wellness industry can embrace the trend of specialized spa pools and offer a wider range of unique and customized experiences for their customers.
2. Wine and Alcohol - The wine and alcohol industry can explore the trend of wine spas and sake spas to create innovative products and experiences that blend their offerings with wellness and relaxation.
3. Hospitality and Tourism - The hospitality and tourism industry can incorporate the trend of performative spa experiences to attract customers seeking memorable and immersive experiences during their stays at resorts and hotels.