YouTube's Olympic coverage will give viewers from 60 countries streaming content related to the Rio Olympic Games.
YouTube has partnered with broadcasters from various countries to provide streaming coverage of the upcoming Olympic Games including the UK's BBC and Latin America's America Movil. Viewers will be able to access local highlights through relevant Google searches such as "rio2016." On top of the broadcast coverage of the Olympic Games that YouTube will be using in its streaming content, the popular video platform is sending 15 popular YouTube Creators to produce mobile live streaming commentary on the Olympics. Some of the YouTube commentators include Brodie Smith, Ben Brown and Chloe Morello.
In providing Olympic coverage, YouTube is simply meeting the demands of the interests of its audience. YouTube reported that "In the last 12 months, over 23,000 years of content has been watched on YouTube for the four most popular Olympic Games' sports alone."
YouTube's Olympic Coverage Will Give Viewers More Access to the Games
1. Streaming Olympic Highlights - Opportunity for broadcasters and online platforms to provide streaming content for major sporting events like the Olympics.
2. Collaborative Partnerships - Partnerships between online platforms like YouTube and broadcasters provide viewers with a wider range of coverage options for major events.
3. Mobile Live Streaming Commentary - The use of popular YouTube creators to provide mobile live streaming commentary on major sporting events like the Olympics opens up new opportunities for interactive and personalized viewer experiences.
1. Broadcasting - Broadcasters have the opportunity to partner with online platforms to expand their reach and provide viewers with more streaming content options.
2. Digital Platforms - Online platforms like YouTube have the opportunity to collaborate with broadcasters to provide viewers with streaming coverage for major sporting events like the Olympics.
3. Content Creation - The use of popular YouTube creators to provide mobile live streaming commentary on major sporting events like the Olympics creates new opportunities for content creation and engagement.