The YouTube Screening Room is the best at-home alternative for those of us who can't make the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. The festival takes place between January 20 and January 30, and this YouTube channel will allow us to view a few of the 2011 short films.
The YouTube Screening Room will showcase films from past Sundance Festivals as well as films from this years festival. YouTube is really taking care of the movie-buffs stuck at home that can't afford to travel to the famous film festival. Will you be tuning in to watch these short films on the free online screening room?
The YouTube Screening Room Shares Sundance Film Festival Shorts
1. Virtual Film Festivals - Opportunity for the development of online platforms that provide in-home experience of film festivals.
2. Online Short Films - Increasing market for streaming short films online and offering access to content to everyone with an internet connection.
3. Interactive Film Experience - Potential for technology to enable interactive online viewing experience of films, utilizing VR and other emerging technologies.
1. Media and Entertainment - Opportunity for media companies to create innovative virtual platforms and to provide online content, which has the potential to reach a larger audience with a low distribution cost.
2. Technology - Emerging technologies such as virtual reality and other immersive technologies can be used to enable an innovative interactive and immersive film viewing experience.
3. Cultural Events - Opportunity for cultural events, such as film festivals, to extend their reach and identity by embracing digital platforms and incorporating online access to their content.