The buzz on the internet these days is that internet video giant YouTube will be venturing into the live streaming video genre later this year according to its co-founder Steve Chen. Chen confirmed this development to Sarah Meyer who has an online site called Pop 17. If this turns out to be accurate, YouTube, with its affiliation with Google and all the resources in the world to count on, will threaten Yahoo's fledgling live video service Yahoo Live launched earlier this year, as well as other smaller live video ventures such as Justin.TV, Ustream, Blog.TV, Mogulus and others.
Check out Yahoo Live:
Coming Later This Year
1. Live Streaming Video - YouTube's entry into the live streaming video genre poses disruptive innovation opportunities for existing platforms like Yahoo Live, Justin.TV, Ustream, Blog.TV, Mogulus, etc.
2. Online Video Platforms - The rise of YouTube Live video presents disruptive innovation opportunities for online video platforms to enhance their live streaming capabilities and compete with YouTube.
3. Google's Influence in Video Streaming - YouTube's affiliation with Google and its vast resources provides disruptive innovation opportunities for the company to dominate the live streaming video industry and challenge competitors like Yahoo Live.
1. Entertainment - The advent of YouTube Live video offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the entertainment industry to explore live streaming as a new form of content distribution and engagement.
2. Technology - The launch of YouTube Live video presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the technology industry to develop improved live streaming technologies and platforms.
3. Media and Broadcasting - YouTube's entry into live streaming video poses disruptive innovation opportunities for the media and broadcasting industry to rethink their content delivery models and leverage the popularity of live video streaming.