Young Frankk's Autumn/Winter 2012 collection features a metallic assortment of droopy necklaces. The once artist and now jewelry designer Christine Young began the line in 2011. She has since worked to enmesh her capacity for illustration with her passion for adornment.
The long strings borrow from geometric shapes. Whether graphic or organic, Young has maintained her penchant for all things angular. And while they are quite precise and linear, the company makes all its products by hand, imbuing them with a one-of-a-kind charm.
Though Frank is new to the industry, her studies at Parsons School of Design has enabled the successful launch of the brand. Her partnership with stores Odette & Lulu and Bluebird will continue to spread the word about this authentic Virginia-based label.
Young Frankk's Autumn/Winter 2012 Collection Hangs Low
1. Droopy Jewelry - The trend of droopy necklaces and jewelry pieces incorporating geometric shapes presents an opportunity for jewelry designers to experiment with new shapes and forms.
2. Handmade Jewelry - The trend of handmade jewelry imbued with one-of-a-kind charm offers an opportunity for jewelry designers to add value to their products by incorporating unique touches and personalization.
3. Artist Collaborations - The trend of artists turned jewelry designers presents an opportunity for collaborations and crossover projects between different creative industries and mediums.
1. Jewelry Design - The droopy pendant trend presents an opportunity for jewelry designers to explore new shapes and forms while the trend of handmade jewelry allows for the incorporation of personalization and unique touches in designs.
2. Art - The trend of artists turned jewelry designers presents an opportunity for collaboration and crossover projects between different creative industries and mediums, such as art and jewelry.
3. Fashion Retail - The partnership between Young Frankk and stores Odette & Lulu and Bluebird highlights the opportunity for fashion retailers to collaborate with independent brands and offer unique products to their customers.