Lady Gaga's 'You and I' video, released on August 16, 2011 is steamy, bizarre, and gorgeously stylized -- living up to any and all expectations fans had for the old school rock-influenced single. The video marks the first meeting of Gaga and her male alter ego Jo Calderone, who first appeared on the cover of Vogue Hommes Japan in September 2010. Not only do Jo and Lady G appear in the same frame, but they play a couple in the video, kissing passionately as Calderone sits atop her piano.
The debut of Gaga's alter ego came with much confusion and controversy in 2010, and after almost a year of denying that the Vogue Japan model was in fact her, the star has come to embrace this new character. There is even speculation that Jo could host the 2011 MTV VMA awards.
I adore all of Lady Gaga's characters, from the male alter to the mermaid Yuyi -- another star of the 'You and I' video. I look forward to seeing what else Gaga has to offer in years to come!
Lady Gaga and Jo Calderone Meet in the 'You and I' Video
1. Popstar Alter Ego Romances - Exploring the concept of popstar alter egos and their romantic narratives in music videos.
2. Steamy and Bizarre Stylized Music Videos - Creating visually stunning and boundary-pushing music videos that combine steamy and bizarre elements to captivate viewers.
3. Embracing New Characters and Identities - Artists embracing and developing new characters and personas to add depth and complexity to their artistry.
1. Music and Entertainment - Opportunities for musicians and artists to experiment with alter egos and create visually captivating music videos.
2. Fashion and Styling - Collaborations between musicians and fashion designers to create unique looks for alter egos and music video characters.
3. Digital Media and Marketing - Exploring innovative ways to promote and market music videos featuring alter ego romances, leveraging the intrigue and buzz they generate.