If only Yotel would have been opened earlier, Tom Hanks wouldn't have needed to wander around "The Terminal" for many months.
"Simon Woodroffe's inspiration for YOTEL came from British Airways first class and Japanese capsule hotels.
We believe it is one of the world's most radical hotel concepts and will offer a solution to expensive and boring hotels around the globe.
Cabins will be bookable in blocks of four hours enabling delayed and transfer passengers to relax privately in a hotel environment. In addition, passengers leaving on those early morning flights can stay the night before to catch some extras hours sleep in the morning and check in online from the comfort of their rooms safe in the knowledge that they are just a casual stroll for their next morning’s departure. Early arriving passengers may also check-in for a few hours before going to a meeting."
Yotel (Hotel) Rooms Available in the London Terminal
1. Transient Accommodation - The rise of Yotel's radical hotel concept opens up opportunities for other transient accommodations that offer flexible booking options for short stays.
2. Micro-stay Services - The option to book cabins in blocks of four hours provides a disruptive innovation opportunity for micro-stay services that cater to travelers with short layovers or delayed flights.
3. Convenient Airport Hotels - Yotel's presence in airport terminals presents an opportunity for other companies to create convenient and comfortable hotel options within airport premises, catering to early morning and late-night travelers.
1. Hospitality - Yotel's radical hotel concept disrupts the traditional hospitality industry by offering flexible booking options and a convenient location in airport terminals.
2. Travel - The rise of Yotel's transient accommodation concept creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the travel industry, specifically targeting short-stay or delayed-flight travelers.
3. Airport Services - The presence of Yotel in airport terminals opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the airport services industry by offering convenient and comfortable lodging options for passengers.