Located in South Africa, this 900-yard par 3 hole is surrounded by sand. The tee is set on a cliff, over 1400 feet above the hole.
Due to natural gravity, the ball would take about 26 seconds to land on the green, and therefore spotters are needed to direct players to their landed golf balls. Rather than using a golf-card, players must fly by helicopter after their initial drive.
On a historical note, this hole was used as a 19th hole playoff in a tournament where Padraig Harrington was the only person to date to par the hole.
World's Longest Par 3 on a 1,400 Foot Elevated Golf Course
1. Extreme Golf Experiences - Developing unique golf courses that provide thrilling and challenging experiences for golf enthusiasts, such as cliff-top holes and elevated courses.
2. Aerial Golf Transportation - Exploring the use of helicopters or other air transportation methods to enhance golfing experiences, allowing players to access remote courses or difficult-to-reach holes.
3. Gravity-based Golf Challenges - Creating golf holes that utilize natural gravity to add an additional element of challenge, such as designing holes with steep slopes or long descent paths.
1. Golf Course Design - Designing innovative golf courses that incorporate challenging and unique features, such as elevated holes or gravity-based obstacles.
2. Aerospace Transportation - Exploring opportunities for incorporating helicopters or other air transportation methods into the golf industry, opening up new possibilities for unique aerial experiences.
3. Sports Equipment Manufacturing - Developing specialized golf equipment and tools that cater to extreme golf experiences, such as clubs designed for playing on elevated courses or customizable golf balls with advanced tracking features.