It's not uncommon for pairs of people, or even small groups of friends or family members, to get a tattoo together that shares a special meaning but travel site Momondo created The World Piece on the backs of 61 people. As part of the project, each person got inked locally and united in London to film the finished result.
The World Piece symbolically connects people from around the world, as each of the project's participants has a tattoo on their back that's artistically linked to others with a line.
The start of the project was first announced in 2018, with thousands of applicants eager to partake in getting the collective tattoo. As part of the finished campaign video, the participants stand in a circle and share their reasons for getting inked.
Travel Site Momondo Invited 61 People to Create 'The World Piece'
1. Branded Multi-person Tattoos - A trend of collaborative tattoos that connect individuals symbolically, creating a sense of unity and shared experiences.
2. Global Collaborative Art Projects - A trend of artistic projects that bring together individuals from around the world to create a collective masterpiece.
3. Creative Travel Marketing - A trend in the travel industry where companies use unique and artistic approaches to promote their brand and engage with their audience.
1. Tattoo Industry - Opportunity for tattoo parlors to offer collaborative tattoo experiences that foster a sense of community and global connection.
2. Art Industry - Opportunity for art organizations and galleries to curate global collaborative art projects that engage artists and audiences worldwide.
3. Travel Industry - Opportunity for travel companies to use creative marketing campaigns, such as branded multi-person tattoos, to attract and engage adventurous and art-loving travelers.