In acknowledgement of World Food Day this year, FarmOn is running a social media World Food Day campaign for the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization that involves saying thanks to a local farmer.
World Food Day has been celebrated for over 35 years now, with a focus on fighting world hunger. The campaign was devised to bring awareness to the need for small family farms around the world. With the #ToastAFarmer hashtag, UNFAO is encouraging people to share videos, posts or photos in order to raise a glass to family farmers in their local area.
Additionally, UNFAO is hoping that people will check out 'Perspectives,' an essay series on thoughts from different world leaders on world hunger and family farming.
This World Food Day Campaign Gives Kudos to Local Farmers
1. Social Media Campaigns - Opportunity for businesses to create social media campaigns to raise awareness and engage with customers.
2. Local Farming - Potential for disruptive innovation in supporting and promoting local family farms.
3. Thought Leadership - Opportunity to curate and share insightful essays and perspectives on relevant topics.
1. Marketing - Marketing professionals can utilize social media campaigns to promote their products and services.
2. Agriculture - Opportunity for the agricultural industry to innovate and support local farming initiatives.
3. Publishing - Publishers and media organizations can curate and distribute thought leadership content on relevant issues.