This infographic provides an overview on some of the weirdest world festivals that happen throughout the year. The festivals are unusual, but some of these rituals have been carried on for so long, it would break tradition not to indulge in these strange activities.
Some of the bizarre rituals that will be taking place this month in February include the Battle of the Oranges in Italy and the Hadaka Matsuri in Japan, which translates to "naked festival," which involves stripping down to almost nothing and being blessed with temple water for purification in the new year.
Some other unusual annual world events include cheese rolling competitions in England, wife-carrying in Finland and the Money Buffet in Thailand, which has chefs prepare a giant feast for monkeys to eat and have people look on.
This Infographic Looks at Some of the Most Bizarre World Festivals
1. Weird World Festivals - Opportunity for event planners to create unique and immersive experiences by incorporating strange and bizarre rituals.
2. Unconventional Festivities - Chance for tourism industry to offer unconventional travel experiences to adventurous travelers who seek out peculiar festivals.
3. Traditional Rituals with a Twist - Potential for businesses to capitalize on modernizing traditional rituals by introducing new elements and catering to evolving consumer preferences.
1. Event Planning - The event planning industry can tap into the growing demand for unique and unconventional world festivals.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry can curate and promote travel packages that offer a glimpse into the bizarre and exciting world of unconventional festivals.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can create and market products that cater to the specific needs and preferences of participants in weird world festivals.