Selfies have taken social media by storm -- now, workout selfies are taking over the gyms. MapMyFitness wants you to snap a selfie during your next workout for its #MapMySelfie photo contest.
The health and fitness technology company runs the Internet's largest network for active lifestyle enthusiasts. Its website and mobile application use built-in GPS to map, record and share running routes and workouts. This contest is an effort to map where North Americans favorite workout spots are.
Though, taking a selfie after your 10 mile run may seem unappealing and a selfie of yourself with a weight in one hand and phone in the other may be a strenuous task, it will be worth it when you win the grand prize. Two Pebble Smartwatches are up for grabs. All you have to do is upload your workout selfie to Facebook with the hash-tag "#MapMySelfie."
MapMyFitness Wants You to Prove You Can Sweat by Posting a Workout Selfie
1. Workout Selfie Contests - Opportunity for fitness brands and gyms to encourage user-generated content and engagement through workout selfie contests.
2. Active Lifestyle Mapping - Potential for fitness technology companies to leverage GPS technology and user data to map popular workout spots and promote active lifestyles.
3. Social Media Fitness Trends - Rise of fitness-related social media trends like workout selfies presents opportunities for fitness influencers, health brands, and social media platforms to capitalize on user-generated content and community building.
1. Fitness Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fitness tech companies through leveraging GPS technology and user data to enhance workout experiences, track progress, and build engaged communities.
2. Fitness and Wellness Industry - Opportunity for fitness and wellness businesses to leverage workout selfie contests and user-generated content to increase brand awareness, engage customers, and promote active lifestyles.
3. Social Media Platforms - Opportunity for social media platforms to capitalize on the rising trend of workout selfies by providing features and tools that enhance the sharing and community-building aspects of fitness-related content.