London-based bicycle accessory company Woodstock Bicycle Goods is offering a bike rack with a difference. The “Elk” bike rack is a minimalist wooden bike rack that is designed to be both functional and elegant. Unlike traditional bike racks that look metallic and ungainly, this rack is handcrafted using the highest quality oak wood and birch.
The Elk rack is essentially a seven-sided block of wood with a wedge cut into it to form a handy bicycle-supporting socket. The rack looks different from every angle, making for very pleasant viewing. It comes with an easy-to-use mounting system that can be installed using three standard crews. It can be easily fitted on a variety of surfaces including plasterboard, wood and concrete as well as other typical wall surfaces.
Woodstick is making the product available in two different tones: brown and natural. These racks are designed for all kinds of bicycles, as long as the top frames are no thicker than 40 millimeters.
The ‘Elk’ Rack by Woodstick Consists of a Single Wedge of Wood
1. Minimalist Bike Accessories - Opportunity for other companies to create functional and stylish bike accessories with simple designs.
2. Eco-friendly Home Decor - With an increasing focus on sustainable living, there is a growing market for eco-friendly home decor made of natural materials like wood.
3. DIY Furniture Kits - There may be demand for DIY furniture kits that allow consumers to assemble and customize their own wooden bike racks or other household decor.
1. Bicycle Accessories - This trend could expand the market for bicycle accessory companies looking to offer more stylish and unique options for bike storage and display.
2. Furniture and Home Decor - The minimalist aesthetic of the Elk rack could open up opportunities for furniture and home decor companies to create similar functional pieces made of high-quality, natural materials.
3. DIY Hardware and Crafts - Providing DIY furniture kits for bike racks and other household decor could be an opportunity for companies in the hardware and craft industry to tap into the growing trend of at-home projects and customization.