Although there are tons of surfboard designs that are now integrated with technology, these luxurious wooden surfboard designs are more for purists.
The surfboards were developed for Octovo by surfboard builder Jason Tilley, along with a chic series of board bags to carry a range of surf gear in. The boards start at $3,000, a pricey tag that comes from having each of the wooden surfboards hand cut and shaped. The thickness of the board varies slightly based on the type of wood used to construct it, although the boards are able to withstand wear better than a conventional surfboard due to their unique composition and the care that goes into crafting each and every one.
Octovo's Wooden Surfboard Designs Are Extremely Luxurious
1. Luxury Wooden Products - A trend towards crafting high-end, luxury products using traditional materials and methods.
2. Authentic Surf Culture - A trend towards embracing authenticity in surf culture, including handcrafted wooden boards and traditional surfing techniques.
3. Sustainable Surfing - A trend towards utilizing sustainable materials and production methods in the surfing industry, including wooden surfboards and eco-friendly surf gear.
1. Luxury Goods - The luxury goods industry could benefit from creating high-end products using traditional materials and methods, like handcrafted wooden surfboards, to appeal to consumers seeking authenticity and rarity.
2. Surfing - The surfing industry could see disruptive innovation opportunities by embracing sustainable materials and production methods, like wooden surfboards and eco-friendly gear, to appeal to consumers seeking environmentally conscious options.
3. Craftsmanship - The craftsmanship industry could benefit from a trend towards creating high-end, luxury products using traditional methods and materials, as seen in the handcrafted wooden surfboards developed by Octovo.