Wonderhood Toys is the result of the works of good friends Andrea Wenner Hollander and Solange Schipani. The idea sprouted as the two took notice of the lack of building toys for girls at the toy store while shopping for one of their daughters. Hollander and Schipani dismissed traditional toys for girls and aim to inspire youth creatively and scientifically. The business-driven moms developed two building toy sets that encourage kids to immerse themselves in architectural design and structural engineering.
The Wonderhood toy sets have fun illustrated panels that are interchangeable, an activity journal packed with design obstacles and building challenges and figurines for interactivity and to bring their creations to life.
Wonderhood Toys Encourages Young Girls to Learn About Engineering
1. Stem-building Toys - The increasing interest in STEM will drive the demand for innovative building toys that encourage learning in a fun way.
2. Gender-neutral Toys - The trend towards equality of genders in all aspects of life has created an opportunity for toys that cater to all children regardless of gender preferences.
3. Creative Learning - The shift in focus from traditional learning methods to more creative approaches has led to an increase in demand for toys that encourage imagination and experimentation.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry has an opportunity to innovate and create more educational toys that inspire creativity and learning.
2. STEM Education - STEM education can benefit from more engaging toys that make learning fun and exciting for children.
3. Architecture and Engineering - The architecture and engineering industries can collaborate with the toy industry to create more interactive and immersive building toys that encourage interest in these fields among the younger generation.