Australia's Wolgan Valley Resort is a super sustainable hotel with a serious commitment to offering a luxurious resort experience.
As part of the hotel's construction, over 175,000 trees were planted on and around its site to help cut down on carbon dioxide emissions. Furthermore, the Wolgan Valley Resort makes use of high-energy light bulbs, rainwater-catching and water recycling tanks, and locally sourced food in order to keep its carbon footprint as close to zero as possible.
Captain planet would be proud of Wolgan Valley Resort and that is high praise indeed.
Wolgan Valley Resort is the World's First CarboNZero Certified Hotel
1. Ultra Sustainable Hotels - Opportunity for other hotels to adopt innovative eco-friendly practices for a lower carbon footprint.
2. Carbonzero Certification - Potential for a certification trend in various industries highlighting carbon-neutral achievements.
3. Eco-friendly Construction - Demand for sustainable building materials and practices in the construction industry based on the success of Wolgan Valley Resort.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can leverage sustainable practices to attract environmentally conscious travelers.
2. Certification - Certification bodies can capitalize on the emerging trend of carbon-neutral certifications for various industries.
3. Construction - Construction companies can explore eco-friendly methods and materials to meet the growing demand for sustainable building projects.