The Wild Handle Series is a conceptual set of door handles and locks from designer Roohollah Merrikhpour that aims to raise awareness about endangered species by making them a part of everyday life. Each handle is designed in the shape of an animal on the endangered species list. The idea behind the design is that seeing these species every day on your way out of the house will motivate you to assist in animal conservation efforts in some capacity.
The great thing about the Wild Handle Series is that it raises constant awareness about endangered species without being overbearing or sending you on a guilt trip. Seeing a bust of a bald eagle day in and day out seems like it would be a lot more effective than a yearly ad campaign featuring photos of endangered animals.
The Wild Handle Series Raises Awareness for At-Risk Animals
1. Endangered Species Awareness - Creating everyday objects that incorporate endangered animals raises constant awareness about the need for animal conservation.
2. Conceptual Design - Designing functional objects with a unique and conceptual approach can inspire and engage users in unexpected ways.
3. Merging Art and Utility - Blending artistic elements with practical objects can help promote a deeper connection and appreciation for endangered species.
1. Home Decor - By incorporating endangered animal designs into door handles, the home decor industry can offer unique and meaningful products to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Interior Design - Designers can integrate the Wild Handle Series into their interior design projects to create a conversation-starting element and advocate for endangered wildlife.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Using the concept of merging art and utility, marketing and advertising agencies can create impactful campaigns that raise awareness for endangered species through everyday objects.