‘What is Love on eight floppy drives’ is a YouTube masterpiece created by user MrSoildSnake745. Instead of creating music with boring old instruments, this crazy contraption makes tunes with outdated technology.
The song begins with the melody played on just two of the floppy drives and is soon joined by another one that keeps the beat with a deep bass tone. Eventually all eight are going and there are even harmonies created. MrSoildSnake745 captured the entire song by setting up a microphone on the table with the floppy discs around it.
Now that floppy drives are rarely used for their original intent, it’s time to re-think their purpose and come up with other things one can do with them.
‘What is Love on eight floppy drives' Will Make You Bob Y
1. Re-purposing Outdated Technology - There is an opportunity to re-think the purpose of outdated technology like floppy drives and find new uses for them in innovative ways.
2. Creative Music Instruments - Creating music with unconventional instruments like floppy drives presents an opportunity for musicians to explore new sounds and experiment with different styles.
3. Youtube as a Platform for Innovation - The popularity of YouTube videos showcasing innovative uses of technology suggests that there is an opportunity for creators to gain recognition and inspire others through their innovative content.
1. Music - Musicians and music instrument manufacturers can explore the market potential of unconventional instruments like floppy drives and develop unique offerings for musicians and music enthusiasts.
2. Electronics - Electronics manufacturers and inventors can consider repurposing outdated technology like floppy drives in new electronic products or components, tapping into the growing market of novel tech innovations.
3. Online Video Streaming - Video streaming platforms can capitalize on the interest in innovative content by promoting and featuring videos showcasing creative uses of technology, attracting a wider audience and increasing engagement.