You might have already come across the gorgeous design for the Soma Water Filter, but were you aware of the clean water charity initiative behind the project? Target has announced the naming of this beautiful and functional carafe as a 'Made to Matter' product, giving it the recognition that it deserves for its contribution to environmental and social good.
The hourglass-shaped water jug helps provide purified H2O to modern homes, but its production and purchase yield broader benefits. Its fabrication, maintenance, packaging and use all support sustainable and eco-friendly processes, but social conscience comes with every serving too. With this 'Charity: Water' project, Soma has thus far provided clean water to over 3,000 people in need, throughout five different poverty-stricken countries within the first year.
Photo Credit: HINRI
Clean Water Charity Project Supports a 'Made to Matter' Approach to Production
1. Socially Conscious Products - The 'Made to Matter' approach to production provides disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to incorporate social good into their product design
2. Sustainable Manufacturing Processes - The use of eco-friendly and sustainable manufacturing processes creates an opportunity for companies to differentiate themselves from their competitors and appeal to environmentally conscious customers
3. Charitable Initiatives - Incorporating charitable initiatives into product design and manufacturing processes can help companies give back to the community and create a positive brand image
1. Water Filtration - The use of innovative and sustainable manufacturing processes in the water filtration industry can create an opportunity for companies to produce more eco-friendly products
2. Home Goods - The incorporation of social and environmental responsibility in the production of home goods provides an opportunity for companies to appeal to socially conscious consumers
3. Charity - Companies can create an opportunity for charitable giving by incorporating donations or other social good initiatives into their selling process